​​Contact Us:

Galea Insurance Brokers

Official address:

6 Triq L-Imhazen Floriana Malta

Phone: 21 235880 - Main Line, 21 225884 - Office of the Managing Director,
99493588 - For Emergencies

Follow us

Galea Insurance Brokers Ltd. © All Rights Reserved.

Galea Insurance Brokers Limited C- 12858 is licensed to carry out the business of insurance broking and is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority. 

​    insurance for youR peace of mind​

​​​​​​ Galea Insurance Brokers Ltd.

Galea Insurance Brokers Ltd. © All Rights Reserved.

Tel: 2123 5880

E-mail: info@galeabrokers.com

Contact Us:   21235880 or  21 221371

If you’re a self-employed fitness trainer, even if you work on someone else’s premises, you need insurance to protect yourself financially from any legal claims made against you or in the event of you being unable to work for a time due to illness or injury.  

1) Public Liability

If during a training session a client of yours is injured and then decides to sue you, alleging that the injury was somehow your fault, and their claim is successful, a court could award damages against you based on the seriousness of the injury and its effect on the injured person’s life.

If this situation arises and you don’t have liability insurance, you could potentially face heavy compensation costs which could end your business or career, cost you your most valuable possessions, and burden you with financial penalties for a long time.

It is not actually a legal requirement that personal trainers have this type of cover, it would just be extremely reckless of any trainer to operate without it. It doesn’t matter how good or how careful a trainer you think you are – even very good personal trainers have sometimes been sued.

This type of insurance cover also protects against any third-party property damage that occurs during your training sessions. Many gyms and health clubs will require you to have this in case you or anyone under your supervision damages their facilities or equipment.

A client can get injured without warning at any time during a training session

2) Professional Indemnity

Professional indemnity covers any advice that trainers give. Clients who follow your training advice can develop injuries over a period of time rather than suddenly. If this happens and a client sues you, professional indemnity will cover your legal fees and any compensation costs.

As it is normally not possible to specify an exact date when advice was given, or when an injury first started to cause a problem, a professional indemnity insurance policy will cover you against any advice you’ve given clients in the past, but not for any claims that have already been made.

3) Personal Accident / Loss of Earnings

These types of insurance cover personal trainers against accident or injuries and the possible repercussions to their business. Many trainers never think to insure themselves, but your body is not invulnerable, and you never know when you might get injured during the course of your work.

If this happens and the injury is serious enough that you’re unable to work and earn income for a certain period of time, it could be very helpful to receive compensation payments to help alleviate the financial burden or meet the costs of any physiotherapy or other necessary medical treatment.


4) Sports Equipment

Sports equipment insurance provides cover against loss, damage, or theft of any equipment which is used directly by you or your clients in the normal operation of your training business. Sports equipment can include footwear, apparel, accessories, and even certificates and trophies.

Sports equipment is usually very hard to track if lost or stolen, so missing items rarely get recovered. If you have a lot of expensive equipment, it can come in very handy to have this type of cover. Policies are available to cover equipment used and stored inside or outside a trainer’s home.


Whether you are a gym instructor or a personal trainer we can get you covered, We also cover lots of sports professionals

We work closely with theMalta Exercise Health and Fitness Association 

We provide cover for gyms, sports centers, sports trips abroad, and more

Our policies include personal accident insurance, professional liability risks, property insurance and third-party liability.

We also insure dive centres